This brass binyeo is of chae style which has a ∩ shape body.
The Korean-style lotus design on top is crafted according to historical information.
- Imitates an antique chae preserved by the National Museum of Korea
- ∩ shape body for holding long hair in a bun
- 100% handmade by professional metal artisan
- Smoothened edges
- Highly polished surface
- Sealed with wax to preserve original colour
- Only a few were made for this item
Estimated Dispatch Time:
- Dispatch in the next working day upon order confirmation
- A stylish gift box is given together with the kanzashi.
Binyeo is hair ornament used in traditional Korean hairstyles. It is divided into chae (rod shape) and jam (∩ shape) styles.
According to the National Museum of Korea, binyeos were not merely worn by women but also by men to fix their sangtus (topknots) in place.
The following image shows a chae of the Goryeo period (918 – 1392) collected by the National Museum of Korea.
National Museum of Korea 2015, Hairpin. Available: [http://www.museum.go.kr/program/chi/chiRelicDetail.jsp?menuID=003003002&relicID=1970&relicDetailID=7880&searchSelect=RELICNO&keyWord=1351&back=chiRelicSearchList¤tPage=1].
National Museum of Korea 2015, 银制镀金簪. Available: [http://www.museum.go.kr/program/relic/relicDetailEng.jsp?menuID=002004001&relicID=1970&relicDetailID=7878¤tPage=1&pageSize=10&keyWord=hair&searchSelect=NAME&langCodeCon=LC2&back=relicSearchListEng].
Wikipedia 2015, Binyeo. Available: [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binyeo].